|This article is a stub. You can help Wizard of Legend Wiki by .|
|Summon swirling currents of water that envelop you!|
|Cooldown||4s per charge|
|Unleashes a final burst of freezing ice!|
This arcana passively builds up charges to a maximum of 2. Each cast uses one charge, generating a vortex of swirling water in a 360 degree area around you which deals 3 hits of 8 damage and pulls enemies in towards you. Holding the attack button will cause all available charges to be cast in quick succession, pulling enemies in further.
If enhanced, a final burst of ice is added to the end of the vortex which deals 12 damage, pushes back and freezes all nearby enemies.
This arcana is useful for pulling in enemies that are out of range or grouping enemies up for a follow-up, however Aqua Vortex is not as universally useful as similar arcana but it excels in certain circumstances which they struggle in;
- Avoid using Aqua Vortex to initiate fights since you are stationary and the pull covers a short range, leaving you exposed to enemy attack. In this regard it is greatly outshined by Tearing Whirlwind due to the protection and movement it offers.
- Aqua Vortex's fast cast time and multiple charges allows it to perfectly fill a niche use for pulling in enemies mid-combo that may be pushed away by the knockback of other arcana, allowing you to continue to combo them without needing to reposition.
Since holding the attack button casts several vortexes in quick succession it can be effective at dealing damage to nearby enemies, even if you do not capitalise on its pulling abilities.
The enhanced version changes up Aqua Vortex's usage. It can no longer be used to group up enemies since the final burst pushes them away, however it is much easier and safer to follow-up on them since they will be frozen. It can also be used to prevent you from being cornered or surrounded as its 360 degree coverage allows it to freeze all enemies near you, buying you time to reposition.
- Aqua Vortex pairs well with other arcana that cover a 360 degree area around you (e.g. Terra Ring, Shock Nova, Whirling Tornado, Heroic Blaze) as you can control a large group of enemies all around you by combing the arcana with each other. Most of these arcana cover a larger radius than Aqua Vortex, so they do not need enemies to be pulled in by beforehand, but its quick cast time and multiple charges make it ideal for maintaining a long combo.
- Air Spinner synergises excellently with Aqua Vortex since it covers a similar area and Aqua Vortex can be used to negate the small knockback, allowing you to keep enemies in range for longer.
- Ring of Reserves adds 1 additional charge, taking the total up to 3.
- Aqua Vortex can help to pull enemies into the small area covered by Cobalt Firestone which will deal passive damage while you use other arcana.