|This article is a stub. You can help Wizard of Legend Wiki by .|
|Designed by Virtuoso Verdestrom, this arcana creates a tendril of water that binds and travels to any foes it hits!|
|Tendrils spin faster and deal more damage!|
Step forward and whip a short tendril of water around you. If the strike hits an enemy, it deals 25 damage and causes the tendril to latch onto them, dealing 6 hits of 5 damage while immobilising them for a duration. The end of the tendril spins anti-clockwise around the enemy, if this hits another enemy it will latch onto them, having the same effect as the initial strike.
If enhanced, damage is dealt more rapidly allowing 10 hits of 5 damage to be dealt and the end of the tendril spins around the enemy much faster.
The tendril cannot latch onto enemies that already have a tendril on them.
Creeping Tendrils is excellent at immobilising large groups of enemies since the tendrils can spread through them very quickly if only one is hit. This makes it a useful arcana to start fights with as it allows you to freely move to a advantageous position before following-up on the immobilised enemies with other arcana.
Attaching a tendril onto a boss or miniboss at the beginning of a combo causes it to deal passive damage to them while you use other arcana.
Grouping enemies tightly together causes the initial strike to apply a tendril onto all of them at once.
Enemies that have a tendril on them can still be moved by external sources such as arcana. This allows you to drag the enemy with the tendril into other enemies that are out of reach by the spinning tendril, allowing you to immobilise all of them.
Try not to use Creeping Tendrils on enemies with low HP (e.g., Blob, Ghoul, Turret, and floor 1 summons in particular) as they will be taken out by the initial strike causing no tendrils will form so no other enemies will be affected. This may take you off guard if you need to immobilise a large group of enemies so be wary when these enemies are in a room and take care when aiming Creeping Tendrils.
- Tearing Whirlwind, Gust Burst, Ice Spear and other arcana with displacement abilities or high knockback can be used to move an immobilised enemy into other enemies to further spread the tendrils.
- Arcana that cover a large area (e.g. Flame Breath, Tidal Blast, Inferno Beam, Shock Nova) are effective at following-up on the immobilised enemies.
- Since Creeping Tendrils immobilised enemies it is great for setting up arcana that have a charge up (e.g. Ball Lightning, Aqua Breaker, Raging Inferno, Violent Thornstorm, Furious Tempest) or a delay before it deals damage such as Crashing Meteor, Ion Spike or Dragon Fall since enemies cannot interrupt you or move out of the arcanas' area of effect.
- Hunter's Stiletto has an unusual synergy with Creeping Tendrils. Enemies with a tendril attached to them take 25% more damage from all sources while this Relic is equipped (indicating that the tendrils are a status effect).
- Dark Katana triples the chance for the 25 damage hit from a latching tendril to deal critical damage.
- Due to its ability to deal a high number of hits, Creeping Tendrils pairs well with relics that have a chance to apply a status effect such as Tesla Coil, Phoenix Talon or Permafrost Cube.
- Relics that guarantee critical hits (e.g., Singing Bowl, Covert Ops Mask, etc.) only affect the initial 25 damage hit when the tendril latches onto an enemy and not any of the subsequent hits.
- Since they are treated as a status effect, the additional hits of 5 damage cannot deal critical hits and do not give signature charge.