|This article is a stub. You can help Wizard of Legend Wiki by .|
|Strike the ground, creating a burning fissure that ensnares nearby enemies!|
|Cooldown||3.6s per charge|
|Each fissure lasts longer and deals additional damage!|
Description[edit | edit source]
This arcana passively builds up charges to a maximum of 4. Each cast uses one charge, placing a small fire trap on the ground which activates after a short delay and last for 9 seconds before dissipating. When an enemy hits a trap it detonates, locks the enemy in place and deals 6 hits of 4 damage before releasing the enemy.
If enhanced, the traps last for 11 seconds and deal 8 hits of 4 damage.
Up to four traps can be active at once and they can be placed on top of each other to stack damage.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
The very short range of Engulfing Fissure makes it risky to place traps directly under enemies. To avoid getting too close, place traps away from enemies and try to lure, move or knock them into the traps with careful positioning or other arcana.
The rather long cooldown, delay before activation, multiple charges and long active duration of the traps emphasises Engulfing Fissure's purpose as an area denial tool to block off areas or to act hazard to knock enemies into.
Before summoning a miniboss consider placing all the traps at the area where it spawns. This will deal damage to the miniboss as soon as it spawns. However this is less effective against Counter Rogue and Burst Mage at rank 2 or higher as both teleport away from their spawn location.
Stacking all the traps under a boss during their opening can allow for additional damage to be dealt while you are using other arcana against them.
Remaining on top of or nearby a cluster of traps allows you to very effectively bait enemies into them. This is particularly effective against enemies with close range, jump based attacks or contact damage. Knights and Lancers at rank 2 or above are very susceptible to this as their movement dashes will cause them to be caught by the traps near instantly. Rogues at rank 2 or above also fall victim to this strategy due to their teleport and dash attack combo, however you will have to dodge out of the way to avoid taking damage from them.
Spell combos[edit | edit source]
- Using arcana that displace enemies ( Frost Scimitar, Fading Petal, Gust Burst etc) and arcana with strong knock back can allow you to move enemies into your traps more effectively.
- Frost Feint can be used to lure enemies into the traps by simple dashing away from them after they are placed.
- Lightning Aspect, Cardice Prime and other arcana that surround the player at close range help to alleviate the risks involved with placing the traps directly below enemies wince they will keep any nearby enemies hitstunned, preventing retaliation from them.
Item combos[edit | edit source]
- Ring of Reserves adds 1 additional charge taking the total up to 5.
- Relics that have a chance to inflict a status effect (e.g. Tesla Coil, Noxious Dappercap, Phoenix Talon) pair well due to Engulfing Fissure's high hitcount.