|This article is a stub. You can help Wizard of Legend Wiki by .|
|Description||Strike the ground, creating burning fissures that trap nearby enemies!|
|Description||Creates additional fissures!|
|Hit Count||5 per trap|
Element: Fire Type: Standard Subtypes: None
Place 3 fire traps on the ground around you which linger for 8 seconds. When an enemy touches a trap it activates, pulling the enemy into the trap and dealing 5 hits of 5 damage. After a trap has dealt all its damage it will disappear.
If enhanced, it places 5 traps in an x shape beneath you.
The long duration and fairly large coverage area allow Engulfing Fissure to lock down an area of a room or an entire corridor easily, to prevent enemies form advancing on you while you continue fighting with other arcana.
The multiple hits of the traps cause enemies to be stun locked for around a second, allowing you to safely attack them with other arcana. Placing the traps before enemies spawn and luring them into the traps is an effective way to open up more troublesome enemies early in an encounter, allowing you to deal with them quickly.
Since the traps are all placed around you, it can be used when enemies are surrounding you to hitstun them and allowing you to move to a better position or to open them up for a combo.
Before summoning a miniboss consider placing the traps at the area where it spawns. This will deal damage to the miniboss as soon as it spawns. However this is less effective against Counter Rogue and Burst Mage at rank 2 or higher as both teleport away from their spawn location.
Stacking all the traps under a boss at the beginning of their opening can allow for additional damage to be dealt while you are using other arcana against them.
Remaining on top of or nearby a cluster of traps allows you to very effectively bait enemies into them. This is particularly effective against enemies with close range, jump and dash attacks or contact damage. Knights and Lancers at rank 2 or above are very susceptible to this as their movement dashes will cause them to be caught by the traps near instantly. Rogues at rank 2 or above also fall victim to this strategy due to their teleport and dash attack combo, however you will have to dodge out of the way to avoid taking damage from them.
- Using arcana that pull enemies in ( Frost Scimitar, Fading Petal, Entangling Vines, Mortal Coil, Tearing Whirlwind, Glacial Getaway, Rebounding Icicles etc) and arcana with strong knock back ( Exploding Fireball, Voltaic Needle, Spiraling Typhoon, Ice Spear etc) can allow you to move enemies into your traps more effectively.
- Frost Feint's decoy can be used to lure enemies into the traps by simply dashing away from them after they are placed.
- Lightning Aspect, Cardice Prime and other arcana that surround the player at close range help to alleviate the risks involved with placing the traps directly below enemies wince they will keep any nearby enemies hit stunned, preventing retaliation from them.
- The hitsutun from the traps allows you fully charge an enhanced charge-up projectile such as Raging Inferno, Violent Thornstorm, Aqua Breaker or Furious Tempest in safety while foes are stunned.
- Engulfing Fissure is a good follow-up for arcana keep enemies close to you (e.g. Tectonic Drill or Aqua Vortex) as it will hit all foes around you and keep them hitsunned for another arcana.