|This article is a stub. You can help Wizard of Legend Wiki by .|
|Slam the ground, causing an eruption of flames that bombard the area in a line!|
|Hit Count||5 (up to 10)|
|Eruptions now ignite foes!|
|Damage||12, 16 (burn)|
|Hit Count||5 (up to 10)|
Element: Fire Type: Standard Subtype: None
Strike the ground in front of you, causing a series of 5, arcing fireballs to erupt upwards and land in a line in front of you. Fireballs deal 12 damage on impact and can hit up to two times, once when they erupt upwards and once when they impact the ground, knocking enemies back on each hit.
If enhanced, each fireball inflicts level 1 burn (dealing 8 hits of 2 damage) to enemies.
Erupting Cannonade's high knockback and large coverage area make it excellent at pushing many foes away from you, which makes it rather versatile.
- It can be used offensively to group up other foes as a set-up for other arcana and put them in optimal range of certain arcana.
- As a defence it helps put space between you an the enemy so you can get out of sticky situations or prevent yourself form being overrun.
The multi-hit properties of each fireball can be exploited in certain situations to increase damage output by causing a fireball to hit an enemy twice.
- Casting Erupting Cannonade at point-blank range of an enemy while they are pressed up against a wall or corner is the most reliable and effective method as enemies will be hit twice by each fireball (by the eruption and when they crash down) because they cannot be moved away by the knockback.
- Fireballs also tends hit multiple times on enemies with large hitboxes (Bosses, Minibosses, Macho Ghouls, Coffin Knights etc) when cast at close range, however this is much less reliable.
The high knockback of the fireballs makes it easy to knock groups of enemies into pits.
- Long distance movement arcana such as Blazing Lariat, Inferno Cannon, Rushing Typhoon, Tectonic Drill, Voltaic Needle, Glacial Cross and most jump arcana are good at closing the distance on enemies after they have been knocked away by Erupting Cannonade so you can continue a combo. Due to how far Erupting Cannonade knocks enemies away, it is best to move forwards a bit before casting a follow-up arcana to ensure they hit.
- Erupting Cannonade is a good set-up for charge-up projectile arcana ( Raging Inferno, Ball Lightning, Violent Thornstorm etc) as it gives you time to charge them up as enemies move towards you after being knocked back.
- Glacial Cross and Ice Spear can be easily used to push enemies against walls and freeze them, so they act an excellent way to set-up enemies for a double damage Erupting Cannonade using the method mentioned above.
- Agni's Sparkler increases the damage of the burn applied by the enhanced version.
- Wings of Icarus heal you whenever you knock enemies into a pit.
- Erupting Cannonade bears many similarities to Ignition Drive as both are forward moving line explosions that knock enemies back, but both have strengths and weaknesses. Ignition Drive executes much faster, deals more damage when unenhanced and has a lingering AoE when enhanced. Erupting Cannonade pushes enemies further away, covers a larger area, deals more damage when enhanced and has techniques that can be used to drastically increase damage. It's best to try both out to see which you prefer or which fits better in a build.
- The enhanced version applies level 1 burn, however a 24 damage additional damage is dealt. This is because each fireball applies level 1 burn which is then cancelled when the next fireball applies burn, so each of the first four fireballs only deals one tick of burn (4x2=8). The final fireball applies a full level 1 burn of 16 damage, so a total of 24 damage is dealt by burn.