|This article is a stub. You can help Wizard of Legend Wiki by .|
|Lob a frozen decoy that lures in foes and giant sharks alike!|
|Damage||5, 25, 25|
|Knockback||-15, 25, 35|
|Lures a larger shark for increased damage!|
|Damage||5, 25 ,40|
Description[edit | edit source]
Throw out an icy projectile a short distance in front of you which deals 5 damage, pulls in and freezes enemies in its radius. The projectile also creates an icy statue of the player surrounded by a pool of water which draws the aggro of foes. After a short duration a shark bursts out of the pool dealing 35 damage in a large radius before chomping down on nearby enemies, dealing a further 25 damage, freezing and knocking them away.
If enhanced, the radius of each hit is much larger and the shark deals 40 damage when it chomps enemies.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Frozen Bait is excellent for initiating fights since the projectile can be thrown directly into a group of enemies, freezing them all and opening them up for attack. It will also take attention away from you, giving you the freedom to move to an advantageous position before engaging enemies with other arcana.
The lure can be useful to draw enemies away from you if you are being pursued or to buy time for other arcana to come off cooldown.
Melee enemies (Knights, Lancers, Rogues, Ghouls, Macho Ghouls, Blobs etc)are extremely susceptible to the lure since they will move within its radius to attempt to deal damage. Enemies with a projectile attack (Mages, Summoners, Archers) will keep their distance and not be hit by the shark however it will draw their aim for their projectile attacks.
Bosses and Minibosses will not be drawn to the lure and will not target it. This limits Frozen Bait's usage against them, however it can still be used effectively if thrown directly at them to stun them during their downphase before you combo them with other arcana while the shark deals damage.
Throwing the projectile directly on enemies will immediately freeze them, allowing for an easy follow-up even if you do not take advantage of its luring ability.
The initial hit pulls enemies together. This sets them up well for other arcana if you can attack them before the shark emerges and disperses them.
The final hit has a lot of knockback making it easy to disperse groups of enemies or knock them into pits.
Spell combos[edit | edit source]
- By casting a jump arcana (e.g. Thunder Drop, Binary Splashdown, Airborne Slam, Blazing Vault) directly after throwing out Frozen Bait the jump will damage all enemies pulled in by the initial hit since they both cover the exact same distance. The shark will then emerge after the jump arcana and follow-up on the enemies.
- Arcana that cover a large area around the player (e.g. Shock Nova, Terra Ring, Searing Crown, Whirling Tornado, Scales of Babylon) are useful for dealing damage to the enemies that are knocked back by the shark.
- Frost Blade synergies very well with other arcana that freeze enemies (e.g. Glacial Cross, Frost Fan, Ice Spear, Ice Seekers, Frost Wing, Frost Blade and enhanced Aqua Vortex) since you can combo them into each other while keeping enemies frozen, preventing almost any retaliation.
Item combos[edit | edit source]
- Mystic Monopole and Bewitching Glue greatly reduce the knockback from Frozen Bait. This prevents enemies form being pushed back by the final hit, allowing AoE aracan such as Shock Nova, Terra Ring, Searing Crown etc to more reliably follow-up since enemies will be kept within their radius.
- Wings of Icarus heals you whenever you knock an enemy into a pit.
Additional notes[edit | edit source]
- Despite creating an ice statue and freezing, Frozen Bait is not considered an Ice arcana and so receives no benefits from Stanza of Frost or Poem of Fiery Rime.