Hammer of Atlas
|This article is a stub. You can help Wizard of Legend Wiki by .|
|Hammer of Atlas|
|Solidify a giant hammer of stone and whirl it about before hurling it forward!|
|Subtypes||Melee, Projectile, movement|
|Damage||12, 5, 25|
|Knockback||12, 12, 50, 25, 50|
|Hammer size and damage are increased!|
|Damage||12, 5, 25|
Description[edit | edit source]
Move forwards while swinging a large stone hammer around you, dealing up to 5 hits of 12 damage and destroying all projectiles. The hammer is then thrown in the direction that you are aiming in, dragging foes with it and dealing up to 2 hits of 5 damage before the hammer explodes dealing 25 damage.
If enhanced, the hammer is much larger and 6 hits are dealt when the hammer is swung around you.
Charged Signature: The hammer is swung around you much faster allowing for more hits to be dealt and it deals more damage on every hit and when it explodes.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
The cooldown starts whenever you throw the hammer.
This arcana shines in its defensive prowess. While spinning, the hammer will destroy projectiles it collides with. Thus, it can be used well in a room with both melee and ranged foes as the hammer will keep melee foes at bay while destroying projectiles simultaneously. The hammer throw should be targeted at groups of clustered foes or foes near ledges to knock them into pits.
The long duration of this arcana exposes you to attacks from other foes, particularly those with jump or area attacks since they will not be hit by the spinning hammer. This also makes it poor for combos during boss stun phases as you may not have time left combo other arcana.
If taken as a Signature, pair it with arcana that can deal damage quickly during boss stun phases.
Spell combos[edit | edit source]
- Tearing Whirlwind pulls enemies close to you allowing them to be hit when the hammer is spinning.
Item combos[edit | edit source]
- Dark Katana triples the chance to deal critical hits.
- Gloves of Gambit increases the damage dealt by every hit.
- Soccer Cleats increases all damage dealt.
- Jumper Cables reduces the cooldown to 3.7 seconds
- Bladed Buckler gives signature charge when destroying a projectile.
- Mystic Monopole prevents enemies from being pushed back when the hammer is spinning, keeping them in the range of AoE aracana such as Heroic Blaze, Whirling Tornado or Terra Ring. However enemies will also not be moved when the hammer is thrown.
- Sano's Headband will prevent interruption from other foe's attacks, which is particularly useful given the long cast duration.
Additional notes[edit | edit source]
- Hammer of Atlas may be the only arcana in the game that counts as a Melee, Projectile and Movement arcana.