|This article is a stub. You can help Wizard of Legend Wiki by .|
|Pierce foes with conjured ice daggers!|
|Damage||6, 6, 8, 10|
|Hit Count||4 per combo|
|Knockback||14, 14, 16, 20|
|Throws out a piercing dagger on the final strike!|
|Damage||6, 6, 8, 10, 10 (ice shard)|
|Hit Count||5 per combo|
Element: Water (Ice) Type: Basic Subtype: Melee
Move forward while rapidly stabbing enemies with conjured ice daggers. Each combo of this basic arcana is four casts long, with each dagger progressively increasing in damage, dealing 6, 6, 8 and 10 damage respectively.
If enhanced, a shard of ice is shot forwards on the final hit, dealing 10 damage and piercing all enemies before dissipating just before the edge of the screen.
The attack button can be held to perform a full combo of stabs.
Due to its narrow area, Ice Dagger struggles against spread out enemies. To mitigate this, try to tightly group up enemies to ensure that all are hit or single out enemy by immobilising the rest (via, freeze, entanglement, shock etc) and focusing the single one down.
Moving your aim when performing a combo allows you to steer the direction of your strikes. This is useful when maneuvering enemies with its knockback or switching targets to another enemy if one dies mid combo.
The movement while performing a combo can make it difficult to maintain damage on a single target (such as a Boss or Miniboss). Movement while casting can be prevented by positioning the mouse cursor very close to your character or if you are playing on a controller, by returning the stick to the neutral position after aiming towards the enemy.
A simple yet effective strategy with Ice Daggers is to hit a group of enemies with the basic combo, then dash through them to get behind and preform another basic combo, moving them back towards where you started. This can be repeated as long as you want and can keep enemies stunlocked due to the speed of Ice Daggers.
The projectile from the enhanced version pierces all enemies in its path, increasing Ice Dagger's crowd control potential when enemies are lined up. It can also be effective at sniping enemies from range due to how often they can be shot out.
The forwards motion and knockback while you cast Ice Dagger can enable you to push around groups of enemies to bunch them up, or move them into hazards.
- Fuelled Berserk increases the speed of your basic attack and makes combos repeat automatically by holding the attack button. This allows Ice Dagger to deliver extremely rapid hits, resulting in high damage to both single and multiple targets. It also causes you to move around at high speed while constantly performing a combo, allowing you to cover a large area and move enemies long distances.
- Pairing this with Dark Katana, Awe and Magnetic Follow-up alongside other crit boosting relics gives you tremendous damage output which can melt bosses when they are vulnerable. This comparable to the same setup with Bolt Rail in place of Ice Dagger with Blot Rail having a faster combo with more hits, while Ice Dagger can benefit from the drastically increased crit rate provided by Dark Katana since it is a melee arcana.
- Magnetic Follow-up releases projectiles when attacking with your basic arcana.
- Calming Flow reduces cooldowns at the end of each combo.
- Evading Zephyr allows you to evade all incoming attacks while using a basic arcana.
- Stanza of Frost and Poem of Fiery Rime increase the damage since it is an ice arcana.
- Dark Katana triples the chance to inflict critical hits.
- Evening Gloves allows a full combo of fists to be performed when holding the attack button and gives additional signature charge when attacking with a basic arcana.
- Silver Spinning Top pairs very well with Ice Dagger since it allows a combos to be constantly cast by holding the attack button and Ice Dagger's movement offsets the decreased movement speed that Silver Spinning Top gives.
- Flak Gauntlet allows each strike to destroy projectiles.
- Cabi's Bubble Gum, Cabi's Cinnamon Hots, Cabi's Cotton Candy, Cabi's Raw Chocolate, and Cabi's Citrus Sweets have a chance to release an elemental projectile when using your basic.
- Combo Gloves adds an additional hit at the end of a combo which deals 12 damage. When used with the enhanced version, it causes two daggers to the shot out in rapid succession at the end of a combo.
- Claws of Tomo will enhance the arcana.
- Sidewinder's Badge adds additional, low damage hits, greatly increasing the hitsun potential of Ice Daggers due to its above average hitcount and rapid speed.
- Double Edged Cestus greatly increases basic damage but lowers all other damage.
- Chaos Visor can help when aiming the projectile from the enhanced version, however it will not provide any benefits to Ice Dagger itself.