|This article is a stub. You can help Wizard of Legend Wiki by .|
|Conjure a spear of ice that impales foes and freezes them against walls!|
|Knockback||0, 5, -1|
|Spear is larger, moves faster, and deals more damage!|
Element: Water (Ice) Type: Standard/Signature Subtype: Projectile
Hurl a fast moving spear of ice in the direction you are aiming that deals 25 damage on impact, pierces and drags all enemies it hits along its trajectory. If the spear drags enemies into a wall, it will explode dealing an additional 25 damage and freezing all hit enemies. Larger, immovable enemies will not be dragged by the spear, instead it will explode on impact dealing both hits at once.
Holding the attack button allows you to freely aim the spear, before releasing the button to throw.
If enhanced, the spear will be considerably larger and move faster, dealing 30 damage on each hit.
Charged Signature: A volley of 5 ice spears that each deal 12 damage on both hits are hurled forth in quick succession with a tight spread, before a final much larger spear is thrown dealing 30 damage on both hits and freezing for a longer period.
This arcana, while challenging to aim, has fantastic range and crowd control potential. This arcana can be used from outside foes' aggo range to essentially remove them from the fight for a period due to its range.
To maximize damage, line up foes as straight as possible or group them tightly together to take advantage of this arcana's piercing properties and aim to pin foes over a pit if possible.
Ice Spear's fast cast speed and excellent knockback make it a great "get off me" arcana to prevent yourself from being cornered or overrun. These abilities allow Ice Spear to fill a important role in projectile based builds, giving you the ability to keep enemies in optimal range of other projectiles if they get too close for comfort.
Avoid pinning foes against walls the player cannot see, as if the foe is not defeated, they will continue to pursue the player once they un-freeze, potentially catching the player off-guard.
For the charged Signature version, note that the player will not be able to dash out of the attack mid-cast. As such, be sure it is safe to cast as the charged Signature has a noticeably long cast time.
Note that for all variants; large enemies such as mini-bosses or Council members will not be dragged nor frozen, the spear will simply explode upon impact dealing full damage.
- Arcana that group enemies together such as Wave Front, Spiraling Typhoon, Dragon Blast or Entangling Vines are an effective set-up for ice Spear.
- Long range movement arcana (e.g. Voltaic Needle, Tectonic Drill, Inferno Cannon, Rushing Typhoon, Airborne Slam) are a great follow-up on enemies frozen by Ice Spear since they allow you to quickly close distance on them while dealing damage.
- Ice Spear pairs excellently with charged based projectile arcana such as Raging Inferno, Furious Tempest, Ball Lightning since it freezes enemies, giving you time to then up and they allow you to deal high damage while maintaining range.
- As it freezes groups of enemies, this arcana can be used to set up slow acting arcana (e.g. Crashing Meteor, Stalwart Defenders, Ion Spike) to ensure that they hit an enemy.
- Ice Spear synergies very well with other arcana that freeze enemies (e.g. Glacial Cross, Frost Blade, Frost Fan, Ice Seekers, Frost Wing, Frozen Bait and enhanced Aqua Vortex) since you can combo them into each other while keeping enemies frozen, preventing almost any retaliation.
- Storm Draft pairs very well with Ice Spear, allowing you to deliver a quick high damage combo to enemies frozen to a wall by Ice Spear since this guarentees that Storm Draft will deal additional damage.
- Stanza of Frost increases the damage of the spear since it is an ice arcana.
- Gloves of Gambit increases damage.
- Reinforced Bracers allow the spear to destroy all enemy projectiles, however this is hard to use defensively due to the thin hitbox of the spear and is instead more useful to ensure that the spear will hit a target and not be destroyed enemy projectiles.
- Mystic Monopole does not prevent enemies from being dragged by the spear.