|This article is a stub. You can help Wizard of Legend Wiki by .|
|Generate a charged orb that syncs up with nearby orbs before releasing a stream of lightning!|
|Cooldown||4s per charge|
|Orbs now spawn a trio of extra orbs on targets they hit!|
|Damage||6, 16 (shock), 2|
This arcana passively builds up charges up to a maximum of 3. Each cast uses one charge, placing a small orb of electricity in font of you. After a 1 second delay the orb fires out a piercing stream of lightning which deals 5 hits of 6 damage.
If enhanced, the main lightning stream deals 1 hit of 6 damage and applies shock. If it hits an enemy, 3 additional orbs are created around the target that simultaneously fire 3 streams of lighting at them, each stream deals 3 hits of 2 damage.
Due to its very short cast time, Ion Spike can be quickly weaved between other arcana in a combo to increase the damage and hits dealt.
Grouping enemies tightly together can allow the lightning streams to hit multiple enemies at once, maximising damage.
- Doing this with the enhanced version can cause extremely high damage to be dealt (~200 - 300 depending on the amount of enemies hit) to all enemies due to the large number of overlapping orbs spawned by the initial hit.
Try to keep enemies hitstunned with your basic arcana to prevent them from moving out of Ion Spike's area. Other methods of immobilising enemies such as freeze or entanglement will also be useful to ensure that Ion Spike hits its target.
- Consider picking up arcana freeze or entangle foes (e.g. Frost Blade, Glacial Cross, Toxic Bolas, Embracing Vines) to ensure that Ion Spike will hit against the immobilised enemies. Grasping earth and Water Prison are also uselful for immobilising enemies.
- Tearing Whirlwind, Spiraling Typhoon, Entangling Vines, Ice Spear or other arcana that group enemies together can allow the lightning stream to deal maximum damage to multiple targets at once.
- Ring of Reserves adds 1 additional charge, taking the total up to 4.
- Indra's Copper Pipe increases the damage and duration of the shock applied by the enhanced version of Ion Spike.
- Singing Bowl only causes the first stream of lightning from the enhanced version to deal a critical hit, greatly reducing its effectiveness.
- Stacking multiple orbs on a single enemy with the enhanced version actually deals less damage than the unenhanced version since only 1 instance of shock is applied to the enemy.