|This article is a stub. You can help Wizard of Legend Wiki by .|
|Unleash a barrage of cutting winds! Can be charged for boosted effect!|
|Knockback||9, 16, 16, 20, 20|
|Final strike is significantly larger!|
|Hit Count||12 per combo (16 per charged combo)|
Description[edit | edit source]
Move forward while slashing the area in front of you with claws of cutting winds. Each claw deals 3 hits of 2 damage. Each combo of this basic arcana is three cast long with the third cast releasing two overlapping claws simultaneously, dealing 3 hits of 3 damage. Holding the attack button on the final cast charges up two larger claws that deal 5 hits of 3 damage.
If enhanced, the final two claws cover a much larger area and deal 4 damage. The damage and area of the charged attack is also increased.
The attack button can be held to perform a full combo, ending with the charged slash.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
You must use the charged attack wisely as you are vulnerable while charging it up. Try to only used it when enemies are stunned or immobilised to avoid being interrupted.
This basic is very effective at putting constant pressure on enemies since you move forward with every cast. Due to the knockback you are less vulnerable while charging up than you would be with other charged basics, allowing you used the charged attack more often.
Since the slashes cover a wide area this is a great basic at dealing with large groups of enemies.
The slashes push enemies bask, allowing you to push enemies into pits.
Spell combos[edit | edit source]
- Fuelled Berserk increases the speed of your basic attack, allowing you to advance rapidly on foes while unleashing a deadly barrage of slashes.
- Magnetic Follow-up releases projectiles while attacking.
- Calming Flow reduces cooldowns at the end of each combo.
- Evading Zephyr allows you to evade all attacks while using your basic arcana.
Item combos[edit | edit source]
- Evening Gloves gives additional signature charge when attacking with a basic arcana.
- Chrono Glove reduces the time taken to charge up the final attack by 60%
- Dark Katana triples the chance to inflict critical hits.
- Flak Gauntlet allows each slash to destroy projectiles, which is particularly useful due to the large area covered by them.
- Cabi's Bubble Gum, Cabi's Cinnamon Hots, Cabi's Cotton Candy, Cabi's Raw Chocolate, and Cabi's Citrus Sweets have a chance to release an elemental projectile when using your basic.
- Combo Gloves allows for two charged attacks to be used back to back.
- Claws of Tomo will enhance the arcana.
- Sidewinder's Badge adds additional, low damage hits.
- Double Edged Cestus greatly increases basic damage but lowers all other damage.
- Glove of Patience increases the damage of the charged attack but it takes longer to charge.
- Items that can inflict status effects on hit (i.e. Phoenix Talon, Tesla Coil, or Noxious Dappercap) can be effective when used with Severing Slash due to its high number of hits.
- Wings of Icarus heal you whenever you knock an enemy into a pit.
Additional notes[edit | edit source]
- Since the final two claws overlap, both hits of can be registered simultaneously, displaying 6 or 8 damage respectively.
- Severing Slash is inspired by the Berserker Barrage attack used by Wolverine in the Marvel vs Capcom fighting game series.