|This article is a stub. You can help Wizard of Legend Wiki by .|
|Release a barrage of booming winds that can be directed at will!|
|Winds now pierce enemies!|
Element: Air Type: Standard/Signature Subtypes: Projectile
Release a barrage of 16 slow moving wind discs that each deal 4 damage. Holding the attack button allows you to move the winds in the direction of your aim, for up to 3 seconds or until all discs are destroyed by hitting enemies or walls. When you release the attack button discs continue to move in the direction of the last input given.
If enhanced, discs are not destroyed on contact with enemies and can pierce thought them, allowing many more hits to be dealt.
Charged Signature: Release a extremely dense barrage consisting of a much greater number of discs, allowing for and extreme number of hits to be dealt.
The ability to manually control the winds after they are cast makes Sonic Breaker and extremely versatile arcana that can fill a variety of roles.
- You can direct the winds to surround you by circling your character, preventing most normal enemies from getting close and defending against projectiles form any direction.
- Winds can be directed around corners or obstacles to deal with enemies that other arcana cannot or to intercept approaching enemies before they have any chance of attacking you.
The winds also provide a strong and dynamic projectile defence since they tend to spread out, allowing them to block off a large area and you can move them to intercept incoming projectiles on the fly.
Since the winds follow the trajectory of the last input given they can still be of use while you are performing other actions.
- You can set the winds on a path to intercept enemies or projectiles while you move to engage another foe, temporarily preventing them from posing a threat while you are busy with other enemies.
- You can set the winds to move towards an enemy you wish to engage, providing protection around you to ensure that you can reach them without being interrupted.
The enhanced version provides a massive improvement to Sonic Breaker's abilities as it allows the winds to stunlock large groups of enemies or deal high damage to a single target by directing the winds back an forth through them. It also prevents the winds form being destroyed by projectiles, making its projectile defence more reliable.
The Charged Signature is able to deal an extreme number of hits to a single target (~70-80), resulting in a very high damage (~300). This makes is an very effective signature against Bosses and Minibosses while still possessing good crowd control abilities.
Try to prevent directing the winds near walls as they are destroyed on contact with them, reducing their numbers. Due to this Sonic Breaker is less effective in small rooms where there is little room to manoeuvre the winds, however a full salvo of winds is able to fill most small rooms so they can still provide brief crowd control before they are destroyed.
While you are controlling the winds you remain stationary and are very vulnerable to attack. To reduce the risk involved try to cast Sonic Breaker form a safe position, keep an eye on your character so you are able to react to incoming attacks and cancel Sonic Breaker when necessary or use arcana that can provide a defence around you.
- Arcana that linger around the player such as Cardice Prime, Volt Pinball or Storm Entourage can defend you from short ranged attacks while you focus on directing Sonic Breaker. Earthen Aegis and Vortex Veil are especially useful as they also block enemy projectiles.
- The winds from Sonic Breaker can easily fill the area of covered by wards, allowing you to damage all enemies within their area while you remain safe at the centre, surrounded by the winds and the ward's attacks.
- Gloves of Gambit increases the damage of each wind disc.
- Reinforced Bracers causes your projectiles to destroy all enemy projectiles.
- Relics that have a chance to inflict a status effect ( Tesla Coil, Permafrost Cube, Nerite Shell etc) pair well with the an enhanced Sonic Breaker since it can deliver a high number of hits.
- Utilising Shark Mask with Vampire's Eyeglasses allow you to heal around 80hp with each Charged Signature, due to its very high hitcount.