|This article is a stub. You can help Wizard of Legend Wiki by .|
|Releases earthen drills that strike and slowly impale enemies!|
|Hit Count||7 per drill|
|Drills gain an explosive finale!|
|Hit Count||8 per drill|
Element: Earth Type: Dash Subtypes: Movement, Projectile
Dash forward in the direction you are moving, releasing 3 earthen drills that move forwards. Each drill deals 7 hits of 3 damage when it hits an enemy.
If enhanced, 5 drills are released and each drill now deals 3 hits of 7 damage ending with a explosion that deals 5 damage.
This arcana can be used when on cooldown, but no drills will be released.
Tunneling Drive is a great dash for initiating engagements since the drills will reach enemies before you do and hitstun them, preventing them from attacking and allowing you to attack in safety.
You can use this dash mid-combo to hitstun enemies by dashing through them, buying you time for other arcana to come off cooldown or just to deal additional damage.
Each drill can only deal hits to one enemy before it dissipates. So to maximise damage of each cast, try to engage wide groups of enemies to ensure each drill can hit an enemy.
- This property also means that enemies can only be hit by one drills, preventing you from stacking damage on larger foes by hitting them with multiple drills.
The main differences are that Tunneling Drive's drills can only hit one target each, allowing them to deal identical damage to multiple targets, but limiting the amount of enemies that it can hit
Since the drills move ahead of you they can destroy incoming projectiles, clearing a path in front of you.
It's important to note that if the drills cannot push an enemy with them (either because the enemy is resistant to knockback or you are using Mystic Monopole or Bewitching Glue) they will deal reduced damage since they will pass out the other side of the enemy before dealing all their hits of damage.
- This does allow the drills to hit another enemy in their path after hitting the first, although the second will take drastically less damage as most of the 7 (8 if enhanced) hits will be dealt to the first enemy, leaving only a few left to damage the second.
- Close range arcana such as Blazing Blitz, Shearing Chain, Shattering Strike, Fadeaway Rhythm, Radiant Beat or Creeping Tendrils are good follow-ups on enemies that you have hitstunned with the drills since you will likely be in close range of the enemy.
- Arcana that group enemies together ( Spiraling Typhoon, Tearing Whirlwind, Glacial Getaway) help to maximise the amount of enemies hit by Tunneling Drive.
- Gloves of Gambit increases the damage of the drills.
- Soccer Cleats increases damage.
- Ring of Reserves adds an additional charge allowing this arcana to be used twice.
- Greased Boots will enhance this arcana and reduce its cooldown to3.5s
- Leemo's Leaf causes you to evade all attacks while dashing.
- Boots of Frenzy can give this arcana unlimited uses upon defeating an enemy.
- Boots of Celerity causes arcana used after a dash to deal additional damage.
- Sturdy Shoebox increases health when this arcana is equipped.
- Gyroscopic Inkwell prevents signature charge from decaying while you are dashing.
- Jumper Cables reduces the cooldown to 5s.
- Breezy Gray Canvas adds a chance to restore a dash charge and evade all attack while dashing.
Tunneling Drive is extremely similar to Wind Salvo as both arcana are dashes that launch multi-hit projectiles in front of you and so both have similar usage. They have subtle differences so it is best to try out both to see which you prefer or which fits better in a build