|This article is a stub. You can help Wizard of Legend Wiki by .|
|Hold to charge up and release a bundle of thorny vines that explode into caltrops at maximum charge!|
|Damage||6, 20, 25, 20 (poison)|
|Hit Count||6 (up to 12 if fully charged)|
|Charges up twice as quickly!|
Throw a large cactus-like projectile in the direction you are aiming. When the projectile hits an enemy it deals 5 hits of 6 damage before bursting dealing 20 damage. Holding the attack button will charge up the projectile causing it to hit enemies up to 10 times, releasing caltrops which deal 25 damage and poison enemies.
You are vulnerable when charging up Violent Thornstorm so keep a safe distance from enemies while charging up to avoid taking damage and being interrupted.
- Using arcana that immobilise enemies e.g. Perfect Storm, Embracing Vines or Water Prison are useful to prevent enemies from interrupting you while you charge up Violent Thornstorm and ensure that you hit a target.
- Agent arcana can distract and attack enemies that are targeting you while you charge up.
- Chaos Visor may be useful if playing on console as it shows the trajectory of Violent Thornstorm, making it easier to aim.
- Gloves of Gambit increases damage of the cactus.
- Reinforced Bracers allows Violent Thornstorm to destroy all enemy projectiles it comes into contact with.
- Devi's Bug Spray increases the level of the poison inflicted to enemies.
- Relics that have a chance to inflict a debuff on hit such as Tesla Coil or Phoenix Talon can be effective due to its high hit count. However Permafrost Cube will have almost no effect as the additional hits from Violent Thornstorm can break its freeze.