|This article is a stub. You can help Wizard of Legend Wiki by .|
|Summon an electrified afterimage that tracks your path and explodes when it catches up to you!|
|Cooldown||4s per charge|
|Knockback||20, 5, 5|
|Explosion is larger and shocks enemies!|
|Damage||8, 8, 12 (shock)|
Description[edit | edit source]
This arcana passively builds charges up to a maximum of 2. Each cast uses one charge, causing you to dash forward in the direction you are moving while creating an afterimage that follows behind you on a trail of lighting dealing 8 damage on impact. When the afterimage reaches the end of the your dash it releases a burst of electricity which deals 8 damage in a small radius.
If enhanced, the burst covers a larger radius and applies level 2 shock.
This arcana can be cast when on cooldown but the afterimage will not be created.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Enemies near the near of the the dash will be hit by both the afterimage and the burst, doubling the damage output.
Volt Tracer is an excellent dash to initiate a fight with as you can gain ground on enemies and hitstunning any nearby opening them up for attack. The enhanced version further improves this usage since it has a larger area and shocks enemies, allowing it to immobilise more foes for a much longer duration.
Keep in mind that the afterimage takes a brief moment to catch up to you leaving you vulnerable for a split-second after preforming a dash.
Spell combos[edit | edit source]
Arcana that cover a 360 degree area around you (e.g. Terra Ring, Tearing Whirlwind, Heroic Blaze, Searing Crown, Shock Nova, Scales of Babylon) are great for following-up on enemies hit by Volt Tracer.
Item notes[edit | edit source]
- Ring of Reserves adds 1 additional charge, taking the total up to 3.
- Indra's Copper Pipe increases the duration of the shock applied by the enhanced version.
- Soccer Cleats increases the damage of the afterimage and burst
- Greased Boots will enhance this arcana and reduce its cooldown to 2.4 seconds.
- Leemo's Leaf causes you to evade all attacks while dashing.
- Boots of Frenzy can give this arcana unlimited uses upon defeating an enemy.
- Boots of Celerity causes arcana used after a dash to deal additional damage.
- Sturdy Shoebox increases health when this arcana is equipped.
- Gyroscopic Inkwell prevents signature charge from decaying while you are dashing.
- Jumper Cables reduces the cooldown to 3 seconds.
- Breezy Gray Canvas adds a chance to restore a dash charge and evade all attack while dashing.
Additional notes[edit | edit source]
- It is implied in the developer commentary that Volt Tracer takes inspiration from the visuals of several attacks used by Zenitsu Agatsuma in the anime and manga series; Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. The afterimage and trails are associated with the First Form of thunder breathing: Thunder Clap and Flash, and Volt Tracer's multiple charges are a reference to how Zenitsu usually performs several dashes in quick succession.