|This article is a stub. You can help Wizard of Legend Wiki by .|
|Summon an electrified afterimage that tracks your path and explodes when it catches up to you!|
|Cooldown||4s per charge|
|Knockback||20, 5, 5|
|Explosion is larger and shocks enemies!|
|Damage||8, 8, 12 (shock)|
This arcana passively builds charges up to a maximum of 2. Each cast uses one charge, causing you to dash forward in the direction you are moving while creating an afterimage that follows behind you on a trail of lighting dealing 8 damage on impact. When the afterimage reaches the end of the your dash it releases a burst of electricity which deals 8 damage in a small radius.
If enhanced, the burst covers a larger radius and applies level 2 shock.
This arcana can be cast when on cooldown but the afterimage will not be created.
Enemies near the near of the the dash will be hit by both the afterimage and the burst, doubling the damage output.
Volt Tracer is an excellent dash to initiate a fight with as you can gain ground on enemies and hitstunning any nearby opening them up for attack. The enhanced version further improves this usage since it has a larger area and shocks enemies, allowing it to immobilise more foes for a much longer duration.
Keep in mind that the afterimage takes a brief moment to catch up to you leaving you vulnerable for a split-second after preforming a dash.
Arcana that cover a 360 degree area around you (e.g. Terra Ring, Tearing Whirlwind, Heroic Blaze, Searing Crown, Shock Nova, Scales of Babylon) are great for following-up on enemies hit by Volt Tracer.
- Ring of Reserves adds 1 additional charge, taking the total up to 3.
- Indra's Copper Pipe increases the duration of the shock applied by the enhanced version.
- Soccer Cleats increases the damage of the afterimage and burst
- Greased Boots will enhance this arcana and reduce its cooldown to 2.4 seconds.
- Leemo's Leaf causes you to evade all attacks while dashing.
- Boots of Frenzy can give this arcana unlimited uses upon defeating an enemy.
- Boots of Celerity causes arcana used after a dash to deal additional damage.
- Sturdy Shoebox increases health when this arcana is equipped.
- Gyroscopic Inkwell prevents signature charge from decaying while you are dashing.
- Jumper Cables reduces the cooldown to 3 seconds.
- Breezy Gray Canvas adds a chance to restore a dash charge and evade all attack while dashing.
- It is implied in the developer commentary that Volt Tracer takes inspiration from the visuals of several attacks used by Zenitsu Agatsuma in the anime and manga series; Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. The afterimage and trails are associated with the First Form of thunder breathing: Thunder Clap and Flash, and Volt Tracer's multiple charges are a reference to how Zenitsu usually performs several dashes in quick succession.