|This article is a stub. You can help Wizard of Legend Wiki by .|
|Dart forward and pin all foes in your path with a piercing lightning needle!|
|Dart forward quicker with a more powerful needle!|
Dash forward in the direction you are aiming with a needle of lighting in your hand. If the dash hits an enemy it deals 25 damage and pulls them with you. The needle is then thrown forwards, generating a long stream of lighting which deals 7 hits of 5 damage and pushing enemies along with it.
If enhanced, you dash forwards faster, covering more distance and the lighting stream deals 9 hits of damage.
Charged Signature: Dash forward with a more powerful needle that generates 5 streams in a spread in front of you, covering a large area and dealing greatly increased damage.
This arcana, as a lunge arcana, is useful to initiate fights with or to quickly close the gap on a troublesome foe, though note it will require more precise aim when compared to other similar lunge arcana. It will group foes closely together at a medium distance, allowing the player to follow-up easily. To maximize damage, group foes tightly together, catch as many foes as possible in the initial lunge and avoid dashing out while the needle is extending.
To maximize damage for the charged Signature version, cast it as close to the foe as possible so that they take damage from several streams at once. If the player's aim is slightly off course, the streams will not be centred on the target, reducing damage.
Since enemies are pushed back by the stream, Voltaic Needle is effective at pushing many enemies into pits if they are lined up beforehand.
- Most movement arcana (e.g. Glacial Cross, Inferno Cannon, Rushing Typhoon, Tectonic Drill, Crystalline Balestra) synergise very well with Voltaic Needle as they can be chained together in a combo or used to gain ground on enemies pushed away by Voltaic Needle.
- Voltaic Needle pushes enemies into the prefect range of most jump arcana such as Binary Splashdown, Thunder Drop, Blazing Vault, Heroic Leap making it an excellent set-up for them.
- Fadeaway Rhythm can be used to initiate a combo on an enemy before following-up on them with Voltaic Needle after you land.
- Gale-force Alignment will line foes up, improving the reliability of this arcana.
- Arcana that group up foes (e.g. Tearing Whirlwind, Spiraling Typhoon, Ice Spear) are good set-up for Voltaic Needle, allowing hit several targets at once.
- Dark Katana triples the chance to get critical hits.
- Soccer Cleats increases the damage.
- Jumper Cables will decrease the cooldown to 4 seconds.
- Items that have a chance to inflict status effects (e.g. Tesla Coil, Phoenix Talon, Nerite Shell) are effective when used with Voltaic Needle due to its high hitcount.
- Each hit appears to have a very small splash range. If multiple foes are packed tightly together, more damage will be done to all of them then if it was only a single target.