|This article is a stub. You can help Wizard of Legend Wiki by .|
|Dash forward, leaving behind a wind trap that propels nearby enemies into the direction of your dash!|
|Cooldown||3.5s per charge|
|Traps now last longer and have increased range!|
Description[edit | edit source]
This arcana passively builds up charges to a maximum of 2. Each cast uses one charge, causing you to dash forward in the direction you are aiming, leaving behind a wind trap which lingers for 3 seconds. Enemies that enter the area of the trap take 10 damage and are pushed toward the origin of your dash. If the trap is placed directly on top of an enemy they take and additional 10 damage.
If enhanced, the trap has a larger area and lasts for 5 seconds.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Placing the trap on top of an enemy requires careful judgement of distance or the trap will be placed incorrectly.
After placing a trap on top of an enemy, immediately dash backwards in the direction you came from. This will result in the enemy being thrown into another trap, taking more damage and being pushed back to their original location.
When possible try to engage fights by dashing over a pit. This will place a trap at the edge of the pit, allowing you to bait enemies into the trap or place additional traps to throw enemies into the pit.
This dash in great for retreating from enemies as any enemies that attempt to pursue you will be pushed backwards by the trap.
The trap pushes enemies the exact same distance as the dash. This allows you to chain together traps by dashing multiple times.
Spell combos[edit | edit source]
- Dashing toward enemies after hitting them with Inferno Cannon will cause the trap to be placed directly on top of them, since it pushes enemies the perfect distance away.
- Vortex Trap is useful for keeping enemies away from you. This makes it pair well with most jump arcana (e.g. Thunder Drop, Blazing Vault, Binary Splashdown, Airborne Slam) since it helps you keep enemies in their optimal range and prevents them from getting too close for jump arcana to be useable.
Item combos[edit | edit source]
- Ring of Reserves adds 1 additional charge, taking the total up to 3.
- Soccer Cleats increases the damage of the trap.
- Greased Boots will enhance this arcana and reduce its cooldown to ~2s per charge.
- Leemo's Leaf causes you to evade all attacks while dashing.
- Boots of Frenzy can give this arcana unlimited uses upon defeating an enemy.
- Boots of Celerity causes arcana used after a dash to deal additional damage.
- Sturdy Shoebox increases health when this arcana is equipped.
- Gyroscopic Inkwell prevents signature charge from decaying while you are dashing.
- Jumper Cables reduces the cooldown to ~2.7s per charge
- Breezy Gray Canvas adds a chance to restore a dash charge and evade all attack while dashing.
Additional notes[edit | edit source]
- Vortex Trap is one of the few dashes that starts with 2 charges instead of 1.
- Previously the trap was placed at the start of a dash and pushed enemies toward the end of the dash. It was changed to the current version in the 2nd Anniversary Update.