|This article is a stub. You can help Wizard of Legend Wiki by .|
|Ward of Flames|
|Form a ward of fire that damages enemies and increases all fire damage done in the area!|
|Ward area is increased and also increases water damage done in the area!|
Summon 1 stationary ward of fire in front of you. The ward deals 30 damage when it is summoned and emits a ring of fire every second which deals 5 damage. Enemies take 20% more damage from fire attacks when within its area of effect.
If enhanced, enemies also take 20% damage from water attacks and the ward's area is much larger.
The ward lasts for 8 seconds before disappearing.
Wards have 50 health and can be destroyed by enemy attacks.
Place wards in a room before a fight and try to keep enemies within its area to increase damage from other arcana.
The ward can act as reliable area denial due to the ring of fire dealing damage to any enemy that enters its area of effect.
Placing a ward on a boss at the beginning of their downphase can help to maximise damage dealt by your combo.
Prioritise picking up fire and/or water arcana when using Ward of Flames to benefit from its damage increase.
- Generally, you'll want to use fire arcana as they'll benefit from the ward's effect.
- Try to use arcana that have little knockback so you can keep enemies within the wards area of effect. Arcana that cover a large area such as Searing Crown or Heroic Blaze can also be effective as they cover the entire area of the ward.
- Due to how Tracer Barrage works, its projectiles cause enemies to be knocked towards you, back into the ward's radius.
- Even though they don't gain increased damage from Ward of Flames, Fading Petal and Tearing Whirlwind can be very effective at pulling enemies into the ward's area of effect.
- Igniting Sprite Vesa, Cobalt Firestone and Cabi's Cinnamon Hots also deal more damage when their targets are within the ward's radius.
- Poem of Fiery Rime may be worth seeking out as also gives benefits to both fire and ice arcana.
- Demi's Teapot increases the wards duration to 11.2 seconds.
- Grimoire of Ruin increases the damage of the ward's attacks.
- Archaic Cheat Sheet reduces the cooldown to 6 seconds.
- Yuna's Storybook increases the duration that the ward is active for to 16 seconds.
- Pop-up Primer causes 2 wards to be summoned, with their areas overlapping.
- Vampire's Cookbook heals you whenever a ward kills an enemy.
- The ward increases the damage of its own attacks.
- If the areas of several wards overlap, they still only increase damage by 20%.
- Damage inflicted by burn is also increased by the ward.
- In versus mode, wards can only be damaged by arcana that deal damage from above ( Crashing Meteor, Dragon Fall, Thundering Chain and most jump arcana). They can take damage from any enemy attack in the Chaos Trials.
- Its cooldown starts immediately after being summoned so if it expires without being destroyed, it can be immediately replaced.