Ward of Lightning
|This article is a stub. You can help Wizard of Legend Wiki by .|
|Ward of Lightning|
|Summon a lightning ward that shocks foes randomly and increases all lightning damage done in the area!|
|Damage||20, 16 (shock) , 10|
|Ward area is increased and also increases earth damage done in the area!|
Description[edit | edit source]
Summon 1 stationary ward of earth in front of you. The ward creates a large burst of lighting when it is summoned which deals 20 damage and applies level 3 shock. Lighting strikes are randomly called down in the area of the ward which each deal 10 damage. Enemies take 20% more damage from lightning attacks when within its area of effect.
If enhanced, enemies also take 20% damage from earth attacks and the ward's area is much larger.
The ward lasts for 8 seconds before disappearing.
Wards have 50 health and can be destroyed by enemy attacks.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Place wards in a room before a fight and try to keep enemies within its area to increase damage from other arcana.
Ward of Lighting can act as a means of quickly immobilizing large groups enemies via its shock, even if you don't utilize it damage boost. Its ability to consistently deal damage and deny area is somewhat unreliable due to the randomness of the lighting strikes.
Placing a ward on a boss at the beginning of their downphase can help to maximize damage dealt by your combo.
Priorities picking up lighting and/or earth arcana when using Ward of Lightning to benefit from its damage increase.
Spell combos[edit | edit source]
- Generally, you'll want to use lighting arcana as they'll benefit from the ward's effect.
- Even though they don't gain increased damage from Ward of Lighting, Fading Petal and Tearing Whirlwind can be very effective at pulling enemies into the ward's area of effect.
Item combo[edit | edit source]
- Sparking Sprite Etra, Sleepy Thunderstone and Cabi's Citrus Sweets also deal more damage when their targets are within the ward's radius.
- Indra's Copper Pipe increases the duration of the shock applied by the initial burst.
- Demi's Teapot increases the wards duration to 11.2 seconds.
- Grimoire of Ruin increases the damage of the ward's attacks.
- Archaic Cheat Sheet reduces the cooldown to 6 seconds.
- Yuna's Storybook increases the duration that the ward is active for to 16 seconds.
- Pop-up Primer causes 2 wards to be summoned, with their areas overlapping.
- Vampire's Cookbook heals you whenever a ward kills an enemy.
Additional notes[edit | edit source]
- The ward increases the damage of its own attacks.
- If the areas of several wards overlap, they still only increase damage by 20%.
- Damage inflicted by shock is also increased by the ward.
- In versus mode, wards can only be damaged by arcana that deal damage from above ( Crashing Meteor, Dragon Fall, Thundering Chain and most jump arcana). They can take damage from any enemy attack in the Chaos Trials.
- Its cooldown starts immediately after being summoned so if it expires without being destroyed, it can be immediately replaced.