Ward of Stones
|This article is a stub. You can help Wizard of Legend Wiki by .|
|Ward of Stones|
|Form a ward of earth that periodically stuns foes and increases all earth damage done in the area!|
|Ward area is increased and also increases air damage done in the area!|
Description[edit | edit source]
Summon 1 stationary ward of earth in front of you. The ward deals 25 damage when it is summoned and creates and earthquake every 2 seconds that deals 5 damage and stuns foes. Enemies take 20% more damage from earth attacks when within its area of effect.
If enhanced, enemies also take 20% damage from air attacks and the ward's area is much larger.
The ward lasts for 8 seconds before disappearing.
Wards have 50 health and can be destroyed by enemy attacks.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Place wards in a room before a fight and try to keep enemies within its area to increase damage from other arcana.
Placing a ward on a boss at the beginning of their downphase can help to maximise damage dealt by your combo.
Prioritise picking up earth and/or air arcana when using Ward of Stones to benefit from its damage increase.
Spell combos[edit | edit source]
- Generally, you'll want to use earth arcana as they'll benefit from the ward's effect.
- Try to use arcana that have little knockback so you can keep enemies within the wards area of effect. Arcana that cover a large area such as Terra Ring, Rock n' Roll or Seismic Entry can be effective since they cover the entire area of the ward.
- Grasping Earth, Snare Track, Embracing Vines or Toxic Bolas can be used to keep enemies within the wards area of effect while you use other arcana.
- Fading Petal, Tearing Whirlwind and Gust Burst can be very effective at pulling enemies into the ward's area of effect and will gain a damage bonus from the enhanced version.
Item combos[edit | edit source]
- Plaguing Sprite Dria, Paralytic Venomstone and Cabi's Raw Chocolate also deal more damage when their targets are within the ward's radius.
- Demi's Teapot increases the ward's duration to 11.2 seconds.
- Grimoire of Ruin increases the damage of the ward's attacks.
- Archaic Cheat Sheet reduces the cooldown to 6 seconds.
- Yuna's Storybook increases the duration that the ward is active for to 16 seconds.
- Pop-up Primer causes 2 wards to be summoned, with their areas overlapping.
- Vampire's Cookbook heals you whenever a ward kills an enemy.
Additional notes[edit | edit source]
- The ward increases the damage of its own attacks.
- If the areas of several wards overlap, they still only increase damage by 20%.
- Damage inflicted by poison is also increased by the ward.
- In versus mode, wards can only be damaged by arcana that deal damage from above ( Crashing Meteor, Dragon Fall, Thundering Chain and most jump arcana). They can take damage from any enemy attack in the Chaos Trials.
- Its cooldown starts immediately after being summoned so if it expires without being destroyed, it can be immediately replaced.