Ward of Winds
|This article is a stub. You can help Wizard of Legend Wiki by .|
|Ward of Winds|
|Summon a ward of air that slows enemies and increases all air damage done in the area!|
|Ward area is increased and also increases fire damage done in the area!|
Description[edit | edit source]
Summon 1 stationary ward of air in front of you. The ward creates a blast of air when it is summoned which deals 30 damage, slows and pulls enemies into its area. Enemies take 20% more damage from air attacks and are slowed while within its area of effect.
If enhanced, enemies also take 20% more damage from fire attacks and the ward's area is much larger.
The ward lasts for 8 seconds before disappearing.
Wards have 50 health and can be destroyed by enemy attacks.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Place wards in a room before a fight and try to keep enemies within its area to increase damage from other arcana.
Placing a ward on a boss at the beginning of their downphase can help to maximise damage dealt by your combo.
Prioritise picking up air and/or fire arcana when using Ward of Flames to benefit from its damage increase.
Spell combos[edit | edit source]
- Generally, you'll want to use fire arcana as they'll benefit from the ward's effect.
- Try to use arcana that have little knockback so you can keep enemies within the wards area of effect. Arcana that cover a large area such as Whirling Tornado, Scales of Babylon or Heroic Leap can also be effective as they cover the entire area of the ward.
- An enhanced Breaking Twister can linger within the ward's area, dealing increased damage for a long duration.
- Fading Petal, Tearing Whirlwind and Gust Burst can be very effective at pulling enemies into the ward's area of effect.
Item combos[edit | edit source]
- Blasting Sprite Aura, Sparrow Windstone and Cabi's Cotton Candy also deal more damage when their targets are within the ward's radius.
- Demi's Teapot increases the ward's duration to 11.2 seconds.
- Grimoire of Ruin increases the damage of the ward's attacks.
- Archaic Cheat Sheet reduces the cooldown to 6 seconds.
- Yuna's Storybook increases the duration that the ward is active for to 16 seconds.
- Pop-up Primer causes 2 wards to be summoned, with their areas overlapping.
- Vampire's Cookbook heals you whenever a ward kills an enemy.
Additional notes[edit | edit source]
- The ward increases the damage of its own attacks.
- If the areas of several wards overlap, they still only increase damage by 20%.
- In versus mode, wards can only be damaged by arcana that deal damage from above ( Crashing Meteor, Dragon Fall, Thundering Chain and most jump arcana). They can take damage from any enemy attack in the Chaos Trials.
- Its cooldown starts immediately after being summoned so if it expires without being destroyed, it can be immediately replaced.